The specific purpose of the Health for Hearts United Dissemination Project was to disseminate the best practices of the Reducing CVD Risk Study to 30 additional churches using a three-phase model:
- Coaching & Planning
- Delivery & Recognition
In addition, the dissemination study evaluated the three-phase model using Glasgow’s RE-AIM framework.
The Health for Hearts United Dissemination Project used community-based participatory research approaches with their health leaders to develop the dissemination intervention.
- n= 168 pastors and health leaders were trained
- n= 586 outreach participants were reached during events hosted by churches
- 95% retention rate of participants
- 100% completion rate for churches
- RE-AIM framework
- Socio-ecological framework
For more information about the project, please contact:
Penny A. Ralston, Ph.D., firstname.lastname@example.org, (850) 645-8110